All about Maxi Dresses: The How, What and Why
A maxi dress is a long, flowy and comfortable dress that is easy to slip on and is a good option for any occasion. All you have to do is accessorizing it accordingly, and your outfit for the day is sorted.
Recently, Maxi Dresses have gained much popularity. And why not? They are elegant and comfortable. A definite step up, from the usual style of dresses.
- They are usually made of cotton and polyester.
- They are easy to throw on, chic and comfortable.
- Style it casually if you’re going out with your friends or dress it up for more of a glam look, they are perfect for most occasions. The sky is the limit when it comes to deciding which occasion, is perfect for your maxi dress.
Uses, Properties, and Ways to Style: Know how making your maxi dress work for you:
Many people believe that a maxi dress is not right for them because they don’t have the right body for it. That is just a myth. A maxi dress can work beautifully for everyone; the trick is to find the perfect maxi dress for your body type.
- The length of the maxi dress is the most important component towards getting your perfect maxi dress.
- To create a flattering look, ensure that the hemline of your maxi grazes just the top of your feet. If you are on the shorter side, this may mean that you will need to have it tailored. But you needn’t worry; many places offer tailoring services for free!
- If you are on the taller side, this might mean that you will need to try a few different brands and styles before you find something that suits you the best.
- Once you’ve found the perfect length, it’s time for you to get the perfect fit. This will mostly depend on the fabric and the cut of the dress.
- A maxi dress with an A-line design can make you appear slimmer, while V-necks help creates the illusion of an elongated body. Pleats help the body look more proportional while halter neck designs help big shoulders appear smaller.
- The right accessory for your maxi dress can also help you create a sleek and stylish silhouette.
- Adding a belt around the narrowest part of your waist or donning a blazer for structure, both can be a good addition depending on what you’re looking for.
- Color and pattern of the dress, of course, play an important role.
- Dark, solid colors make anyone appear slimmer, and often, they provide more versatilityregarding the different occasions to wear your maxi dress.
- Petite women can intricate pull-off designs which plus-size women should avoid. On the other hand, while plus-size women can rock some bold and big patterns, such designs can appear overwhelming on a petite woman’s body
Learn more about it at mischasplace.com
Where can you find your match made in heaven?
Maxi dresses have become such a global phenomenon that you can find it anywhere, whether it is online or offline.
- Neiman Marcus
- Dorothy Perkins